Miss Babylon's Babblings

Monday, August 01, 2005

Job Search

The other day my three year old niece definitively announced that when she grows up she wants to be a paleontologist. It blows my mind that she even knows what a paleontologist is--let alone that she has decided on it as her life long profession. Oh to be a kid again and to feel like anything is a possibility! Her decisive announcement made me think that maybe I could just let her decide what I should do with my life. No doubt that her suggestions will broaden my options--paleontologist, actress, princess, mermaid . . . Who knew that my "professional" options were so vast?

5 Comments:

  • At August 1, 2005 at 1:11 PM, Blogger Ms. Mika said…

    Kids! They'll surprise ya everytime!

     
  • At August 2, 2005 at 9:20 PM, Blogger be said…

    That shouldn't suprise you too much. All little kids want to be paleontologists. I know I did. Don't worry, though. When she grows up and realizes how little money they make, she'll change her mind.

     
  • At August 7, 2005 at 9:48 AM, Blogger DataSurfer said…

    Anything is always a possibility.

     
  • At August 7, 2005 at 10:54 AM, Blogger azrasta said…

    oh boy, if i've learnt something is that kids are very wise...it seems like at some point in your life you forget every valuable thing that you learned as a kid...so you become ignorant, and have to learn everything all over again.

    For real, sometimes I can maintain more intelligent conversations with a 3 year old kid, than with some of my friends that are already 26

     
  • At December 1, 2007 at 12:27 PM, Blogger be said…

    I hate those spam comments. You should turn on that letter-thing. Anyway, I tagged you, so now you have to blog again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home