Miss Babylon's Babblings

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Protective Parent

So today this lady calls into work and launches into all these random questions and lunatic rantings before I could even finish saying "hello." It turns out that her daughter is engaged to be married to some guy from Africa, and the "phone lady" is obviously less than pleased. According to the phone lady, her daughter is quite the "hot ticket" so why would her daughter settle for a guy who will probably end up being nothing more than a shoe salesman? Furthermore, the phone lady told me, she is not going to be able to attend her daughter's wedding because it's happening in Boston and she can't possibly leave Grantsville, Utah for a place as far away as Boston. And how is it that the African is supposedly a college graduate with an MBA--and yet he still doesn't know that he is supposed to capitalize the first letter of "Ithaca" (NY)?. . . and what, you might wonder, do any of these rantings and ravings have to do with BYU Admissions? I have no clue, but I sure got an earful. I wonder if that is how my mother will feel about my future husband . . . not likely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home