Miss Babylon's Babblings

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Change

Although some would argue that You've Got Mail is purely a "chick-flick," I think that in addition to all the parts that are oh so CUTE (in the romantic, chick-flick sort of way)--there are also some great lines that I find running through my head sometimes. For instance, at one point Kathleen Kelly says something to the effect of "People are always saying that change is a good thing, but all they are really saying is that something you didn't want to have happen has happened." I like that realistic definition of change. I can't tell you how many times people have tried to convince me that "change is a good thing" and I recognize that sometimes it is--but a lot of times it is just plain miserable. Yesterday my little sister went into the MTC-- and that is a change that is going to be pretty miserable for me for a little while! As I walked around campus this morning, I was surrounded by people--and yet I felt lonely. I guess only time will tell how I adjust to the change. I am probably just babbling, as I am wont to do, but--to borrow another line from You've Got Mail--I guess I just want to send these babblings out "into the cosmic void."

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home