Miss Babylon's Babblings

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Ironically, ever since I posted my first blog I haven't had time to post again--or maybe I haven't made time. I don't know. In some ways I think I might have been subconsciously avoiding it for a few different reasons--and I won't go into all of them since, unlike Bryant, I don't have an underground blog page where I can post the personal stuff. Anyway, one of the reasons has to do with the title of my new website: Miss Babylon's Babblings--I mean what kind of blogs are people going to expect from a person with the screen name of Miss Babylon? The word "Babylon" obviously conjures up all sorts of worldly images in people's minds--images that I would certainly hope I do not personify. So let me give a brief explanation about how the nickname came about . . . One day, as a spur of the moment thing, I went to get a makeover and a massage with my cousin (something I had NEVER done before) and then we came back to her apartment where her friend agreed to give us french manicures (another thing I had NEVER done before.) However, it just so happened that as we were sitting in the apartment--all dolled up--getting our nails done, it seemed like the whole world decided to drop by. We were sitting around talking with the ever growing crowd, when the subject turned to fashion. Someone commented that the Japanese were ahead of the United States in the latest fashions. I heard this, and so I looked up from getting my nails painted and piped in with (ever so innocently, I might add) that Europe was also always a few years ahead of the U.S. in fashion trends--to which one of the boys responded "Alright, Miss Babylon . . ." Although, I tried to refute him--I didn't get much sympathy as I threw my freshly painted, french-manicured hands up in the air in protest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home