Miss Babylon's Babblings

Friday, April 01, 2005

Queen of Productivity

Have you ever noticed that whenever you have something to do that seems particularly awful or insurmountable, you suddenly become very productive in all (or at least some) other areas of your life? I can think of almost nothing in the world that I hate doing more than writing papers--and for the next two weeks I am going to be bombarded by them. Consequently, I'm sure I'll get a lot of other REALLY important things done in the coming weeks--such as balancing my check book, organizing my closet, and possibly even blogging more frequently. Unfortunately, when the due date of the paper approaches (usually within a few hours of the final due date) and I can't procrastinate--or rather be "productive"--any more, I feel a familiar sensation come over me--an awful sensation that makes me feel like writhing around and "going to the floor." I have to admit that usually I succumb and from my position on the floor I actually wonder if I'm going to make it to see another day--and then somehow, I get up, finish the paper, and feel excited about life once again--at least until the next paper.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home